Sunday 13 March 2016

Grow to die


When I was a seed - I was sown inside the earth and protected. Water and minerals nurtured my growth in a dark and secluded space. Waiting patiently, I wondered about the numerous possibilities outside this sphere. I grew excited and anxious.

When I was a sapling - I came out of the earth and got exposed to air and sunlight. They were the first ones with whom I interacted, from the world outside. Both were really charming. So enticed I was by their company, that I started growing inclined towards having utmost contact with them.

When I blossomed - With my pace of growth slightly reduced, I became stronger and exuberant. This stage of my life was the most memorable one. Attention was received from every being around. Birds, bees, insects and squirrels visited me frequently. Some of them thought I was so congenial, that they decided to live with me. They built their abodes on my branches, while a few drilled through my trunk. But, I did not care, for the interest they showed. People stood next to me to click photographs. A few painted portraits of mine and wrote about me, appreciating my presence. I was humbled by all the love. I wished for this phase to stay for ever.

When I withered - Growth stalled. Flowers and leaves started to shrink and fall. All of my friends, the birds, the insects abandoned me. They moved on searching for another one. Someone young and vibrant, like how I was a before. No one wished to stand next to me for photographs. But still, a few irregular beings wrote about me and painted sketches of mine. They felt there was still something left in myself, which could be described. This was amusing, and made me feel significant. But, it couldn't match the happiness I had before. Now, the sinusoidal nature of everything was evident.

When I died - Nothing more was left of me. I fell right on the same ground from which I emerged. Germs, insects and animals fed on me as I decayed. I was consumed completely, and made a part of the world now, deprived of the physical presence, though. 

I served a lot of beings, after being introduced in to the world, as a habitat, as a source of energy, food and air. I brought down rain, inspired poets, artists and writers. I was even responsible for gravity to be discovered. I feel accomplished to have grown and died. I wish to become a seed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment